Bookings not meeting the following Terms and Conditions are treated as invalid and will be cancelled by N & J Mining Limited, trading as The Denniston Experience.
- A booking is required for each adult, youth, child and infant intending to participate in a tour.
- The given name and family name of each party member will be requested at the time of the tour. This is required for mine health and safety purposes.
- Those persons named on the booking may be required to produce proof of identity when attending a tour. Accepted forms of ID are a passport, driver's licence, senior citizen gold card, credit card or student ID.
- Anyone claiming a ‘Locals’ discount may be required to produce proof of residence.
- Persons aged 14 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 5 years old are unable to participate in the Underground Union, Experience or the Twilight Descent.
- A child price is available for those aged 5 to 14 years old.
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST (Goods and Services Tax).
- Accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard only.
- Payment by Visa or MasterCard is available to Free and Independent Travellers only.
- Credit Card information is not held by us for security reasons and must be re-supplied if alterations or cancellations are made.
Alterations and cancellations policies
- In the unlikely event that minor alterations to your booked tour are required we will notify you.
- Booking refunds will only be made to the person/agent who made the original booking.
- No refunds will be provided in cash.
- Credit card details are not held by N & J Mining Ltd - The Denniston Experience and will have to be resubmitted to make your alteration, transfer or cancellation by phone. Sending credit card details by email is not recommended for security reasons. We may request bank account details in order to make refunds through internet banking, in some cases.
Transfer of Booking Dates
- Transferring dates of a booking may only be done by phoning 0800 881 880 and will depend on tours scheduled and available space. Those wishing to change their booking to a date where bookings are not open must cancel their booking and rebook once bookings are open.
- Where bookings are transferred to a tour to which a higher price applies the difference in fees must be paid.
- Where bookings are transferred to a date to which a lower price applies the difference will be refunded less cancellation fees, if applicable.
- Additional seats may be booked through the Internet, where available.
- Reductions in seats will need to be arranged by ringing 0800 881 880.
Cancellations due to closures
- We operate rain, hail or snow however major weather interruptions to tours are beyond our control. We will do everything possible to rearrange tours in such an event, but cannot be held financially responsible for interruptions under these circumstances.
- We recommend travel insurance cover for such eventualities.
- Where changes involve a change in itinerary or tour price, you are under no obligation to continue with your booking should these prove unsuitable.
- We reserve the right to change the products and tours once a reservation has been confirmed due to safety, adverse weather or any operational reasons whatsoever and will notify the client or the travel agent as soon as it is reasonably possible.
- We reserve the right to cancel tours for Operational and/or Health & Safety reasons.
- A full refund will apply. Visitors will only be rescheduled if there are vacancies available once the service reopens.
Cancellations by visitors
If a visitor / agent cancels their booking the following cancellation fees apply.
Between 3 and 10 days before the tour date 50%
Between 1 and 2 days before the tour date 100%
- Any agent booking fee charged by a third party such as a visitor i-site or motel will be deducted from refunds.
- Alterations may be made to any existing booking and may incur a fee of up to $10, in some cases.
- We recommend that you arrange travel insurance to guard against the loss of costs associated with the cancellation or delay of your tour.
- We are unable to rearrange booked transport, accommodation and flight bookings if delays should occur.
N & J Mining Limited, trading as The Denniston Experience will not be liable for injury, damage or any costs incurred by visitors.